| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Super Whopper
I can Has Cheeseburger
|
Posted - 2009.01.12 07:38:00 -
[1]
Originally by: Roymundo believe me it sucks resources worse than I do.
While I don't know this person his opinion makes me believe he is right about himself and Failwire.
|

Super Whopper
I can Has Cheeseburger
|
Posted - 2009.01.12 08:01:00 -
[2]
Originally by: Roymundo lovely. and reason you couldn't take the time to write something constructive? instead of belittling me for my choice of program how about getting off your high chair and suggest an alternative?
How about Emule? Constructive enough?
|

Super Whopper
I can Has Cheeseburger
|
Posted - 2009.01.12 08:08:00 -
[3]
Originally by: Bellum Eternus Just skip everything like limewire, emule and the like and just stick to bittorrent apps.
All the old stuff (limewire etc.) *used* to be good, but now all the files are rife with viruses and lots of other horrible stuff, the download speeds are terrible, and like a few have mentioned, the resource hogging is through the roof. Mostly due to the RIAA and it's attempts to poison file sharing.
Not where I live 
|

Super Whopper
I can Has Cheeseburger
|
Posted - 2009.01.12 10:11:00 -
[4]
Originally by: annoing Edited by: annoing on 12/01/2009 09:58:57
I sit here, mouth agape, surprised that anyone uses such rubbish as limewire or even bit-torrent.
If you really want to get anything that you could possibly dream of you really should be using MIRC. The reasons why:
1) You dont share files to leech files 2) The speed is far faster for dl's than limewire or bit-torrent (I regulary get 500-600kbs as my slow dl speed - usually 1mbps +) 3) A quick run through the tutorial enables you a) to hide your IP addy b) block files types or recieve only certain file types c) turn off chat and requests etc 4) If you are UK resident it opens an interesting legal quandry. Technically (as far as I understand it), in the UK it is illegal to share files but not to download. Most P2P systems use the upload/download style of sharing, THIS is where most people get caught out. For the film/record/software company to catch you taking files with MIRC, they have to be the ones sharing . 5) Its no more insecure than any torrent or p2p programme. Like any downloads, run it through a scanner before you open etc. In the last 6 years i've only recieved 2 infected files and both of those were caught by my scanner.
Edit: awful spelling, i'll leave you to complain about the grammer 
Looking into this as I type this. |
| |
|